Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Congrats to Mississippi State

If you know me then you probably know that I am absolutely crazy about college sports.  I love them!  When Saturday's get here in September it is like Christmas to me.  My orange and blue Auburn shirts are taken out from hiding and there is an extra little pep in my step.  A sense of hope seems to invigorate me.  With that being said, my Auburn Tigers were pretty terrible this year in baseball.....and basketball.....and let's not even talk about football. (Really, I'm just trying to pretend like that season didn't happen.)  Other teams were not quite so upset though.  I heard that yesterday Mississippi State made their way to Omaha for the College World Series in Baseball!  Now don't get me wrong, I despise all things Mississippi State, but it's nice to some college fans besides those rednecks in Tuscaloosa getting to celebrate every once in a while.  So here's to you State Fans!  I hope you guys go all the way!   I don't have any new artwork so I figured I would just post a commission I did for a state fan a few years ago.
                                                             


 This was one of my very first commission's and I really think I have come along way since.  I still love it though.  I drew Bully, the State Mascot, for a State student that I knew.  I used hb, 2b, and 6b graphite pencils drawing this if I remember correctly.  He also wanted an antique look to it so I stained the paper with coffee. (Interesting method, but next time I will definitely just by tinted paper.) I am still very happy with how this piece came out though.  It's something that shows off your school pride, and is a one of a kind for him.  It would be nice though if some Auburn fan *hint hint* asked me to do a piece.  I've done commission's for Alabama and State fans, and let me tell you what that was not easy.  Enjoy though, and know that I'm going to try to keep up posting on here.  I know I took a pretty long break.  (That happens when you don't have internet at your house.)  Have a good day!

No comments: