Saturday, June 15, 2013

What I have Learned this Week

1.) Blogging is hard.  The actual process of writing things is pretty simple.  Sitting down and posting pictures and what not.  I find that very easy.  What is difficult is making it interesting.  I have to ask myself if anyone really wants to read this. (I'm asking it right now actually.)  Also you really have to work to get people to read your blog.  Getting people on here is not easy. (Hint hint if you like anything here or know someone looking to read about or buy art please share my blog on facebook.)  I also really enjoy writing this though.  It's fun putting some of my pictures out there for people to see.

2.) Google Adsense is cool.  If you notice I have a few ads here on my page.  Those who already blog probably know these are from "Google Adsense".  If you are starting a blog I would really encourage you to apply for this.  They put ads up that are actually legitimate ads up so people can view the products.  If your viewer clicks it doesn't mean they have to buy, but there are very good products on the ads.  Also, you get paid by google per click on the ads.  It helps make blogging worthwhile.  There are several things you don't do.  1.) never ever click on your own ad.  You will get banned for this.  2.) Do not beg other people to click on ads.  3.) Don't use any software that will click on it for you.   That's pretty much it as far as I know.  You just need to work really hard to increase your page views, and try to put your ads in a place where people will see them.

3.) Keyword search.  This means try to include words in your posts that people may type into google.  Man of Steel, Father's Day, Superman.  Those are keywords, and if people type them in, they may see my blog. Yes, that was absolutely ridiculous, but it may work.  Who knows, I am still very new to this, but definitely enjoy it.


That's it for now.  3 things that I have learned blogging this week.  Maybe next week I can put a few more things I learned on here.


`

No comments: