Thursday, June 13, 2013

Going to Be An Art Kind of Day #moviemarathontime

Well I woke up early this morning, headed to the church, and got some work done there. (I'm a youth minister if you didn't know).  Anyways I'm getting ready to head home where I will spend the rest of my day working on some different works of art.  Some practice, some for an actual purpose.  I will post some of what I do on here.  Anyways one thing that I absolutely have to do while doing a big art session like this is put on some kind of movie.  I guess it would stem back when I read an interview with Akira Toyirama, who is the creator of Dragonball Z, when I was like 10.  He mentioned that he always played Jackie Chan movies while working on his stuff.  Well I took that and ran with it and now I have this thing where I always have to have a movie playing while drawing or painting.  Since my fiance is with her family finishing up our wedding planning and I'm all by myself I think today is a great day for a movie/art marathon.  Yesterday I posted 7 movies that kind of deal with art.  This list is just me brainstorming what movies I want to watch today.  There isn't a list, just some good examples of movie marathons.


Lord of the Rings extended
Any Lord of the Rings fan knows there is only one way to this: extended blu ray with surround sound.  That is it.  To me when I think of movie marathon this is the movie that comes to mind.  It's like watching a 12 hour movie.  Everything flows.  The story is beautiful, the acting and visual effects perfect.  This is a movie that will still be watched and loved 50 years from now.  In my opinion there is no better trilogy, although one comes close.  This could definitely be a winner.





The Bourne Trilogy

Let's face it.  These movies are awesome, and they only get better with each entry.  One thing you need to know about  me is I tend to pretend movies don't exist if I don't like them, so the Bourne Legacy in my mind was never made.  I will not include it here.  Just  Identity, Supremacy, and Ultimatum.  My only thing with this is I'm not sure I would want to paint while watching them as much as  I would like to go pick a fight.  Regardless, fantastic






Indiana Jones Trilogy
But there are four you say.  Not in my mind.  Only three.  I posted this yesterday, so you can probably tell that I really like Indiana Jones. He is the man!  He is my second favorite Harrison Ford character.  Anyways these movies are just long enough to really work well with an art marathon, plus they encourage respect for the arts.  This one sounds pretty good.





Star Wars: Original and Only Trilogy


There is no episode 4,5, and 6 regardless of what George Lucas says.  Also Han shot first.  Also I don't know what people mean when they talk about midiclorins or whatever you call them.  There is Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi.  These movies are classics and always make for a good movie marathon.






Marvel Phase One
These movies are just fun.  I mean Marvel did something here that no one else ever has.  Do I think someone could do it better.  Well yeah.  (I'm looking at you Justice League)  They are awesome though with their own stand alone movies culminating into one big adventure.  This is one I've never done so I would be interested to see how they all work together.  Could take a while though.













The Dark Knight Trilogy

Batman.  It doesn't get any cooler than watching the biopic of my crime fighting adventures.  Yes, my family's inside joke is that I'm batman.















Harry Potter Series
This is a great, consistent series.  I like every movie.  If you can actually finish them in one sitting though I believe you deserve some sort of major award.  These are like 20 hours of movie watching.










Well, that's what I've got to work with.  Yes I know Planet of the Apes, The Matrix, and many more weren't on here.  These are what I personally own.  Now, I'm off to draw and paint while watching some awesome movies!  I will see you back here tomorrow to show you what I accomplished.  Have a good day!

No comments: