Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Everyone Can Be An Artist

If you are viewing this blog I would hope that you love art.  Behind God, soon-to-be-wife, family; art is my greatest passion.  I find so much joy sitting down and creating new pieces from blank sheets of paper.  That moment who put pencil or brush down the possibilities are ceased only by your imagination.  One thing that I found daunting when I first got into serious art was the fact that I was just not very good.  I looked at my heroes and just stared in awe of their works.  I knew that I would never have the skills to compete with these people.  I had the wrong picture of their works though.  I viewed art as a natural talent that some are born with, and others are not.  While it is true that some people are born more artistic, I believe that natural skill is not very important in becoming an artist.  It pales in comparison to a hard work ethic and patience.  You may begin as one of the worst artists in the world, but if you work hard and have patience you can become an artist.  It's less about natural talent and more about technique and vision.  You need to learn little techniques, and how to SEE what you are actually drawing or painting.  I want to use this blog to help with that.  I don't want my readers to just see what I am doing, but to actually be able to grow through visiting this blog.  I want to show people how to graph, how to outline, circularism, perspective, and many other's.   I want to go step by step on how to paint with watercolor's and how to draw portraits.  I am definitely not saying I am great, but I think it would be a shame to not and try and help others as well.  Drawing is a great way to let loose those creative juices or to just pass the time.  Get ready them because I am going to begin working on some basic tutorials for you.  I would absolutely love feedback on these.  Comment here with some tutorials you would like to see or email me with any questions or suggestions that you have.  Thank you so much for your support!



No comments: